Sunday, September 1, 2013

Dinner at Barlata

When I lived in Brooklyn, there was this sort of divey tapas place two blocks from my apartment that was perfect for an after-work drink and snack. They had exceptional cocktails and delicious chorizo. So I was excited when Barlata opened in Austin a few months ago, and we finally had time to eat there last night. It's not as divey as my favorite Brooklyn tapas place (and by divey, I mean an old building, comfy chairs, you could sit there for hours and no one would care), but the food was pretty amazing. Chris and I shared the shrimp with garlic and adobo sauce, Catalan toast with serrano ham, and the paella Barlata with saffron rice, chicken chorizo, mussels, and shrimp. I also got to add two more wines to our Spanish wine map we've been keeping: whites from Rias Baixas and Somontano.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...