Sunday, September 8, 2013

Obsessed With: Welcome to Night Vale Podcast

Have you heard of the sci-fi podcast Welcome to Night Vale? I read about it in the New York Times, and then listened to three episodes in a row right after. And then I started obsessively googling and clicking on links to articles and fan art and transcripts. Can't stop, won't stop. One of the co-creators did an interview with NPR and said this, which pretty much sums up my first impressions of what the show is all about:

I've always been fascinated by conspiracy theories. And also, to a lesser extent fascinated by the Southwest desert. Fascinating things probably happen there on a regular basis. So I came up with this idea of a town in that desert where all conspiracy theories were real, and we would just go from there with that understood.

So think David Lynch meets Eerie, Indiana meets Welles's The War of the Worlds. So far, I'm hooked.

Here's cool map of Night Vale fan Melissa Dalton made (via i09):


And other fan art collections can be found here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...