Thursday, June 27, 2013

90s Throwback Thursday: The Breeders “Cannonball"

I was describing to Chris last night the feeling of when an old song immediately takes you back to a specific time and place of your youth, in a magical and blurry way, and this song by the Breeders is my “Summer of 1994, Laying on My Blue and Purple Floral Comforter Surrounded by Posters of R.E.M. and Eddie Vedder" time warp.



I remember listening to this song repeatedly for hours when I was thirteen, over and over in the way that only a teenager can with full devotion. It was amazing then. And still is now, with its unreal teleportation-like effect on my mind. I FEEL thirteen when this song randomly comes on. Wherever I am, whomever I'm with, I become this girl:

Me as a teenager. Note the No Children Under 18" sign right behind me. Whoopsies!
Also, I got that dress at the ESPRIT outlet on sale, and I will adore it forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...