Wednesday, June 13, 2012

The Books of Moonrise Kingdom

S: The Royal Tenenbaums, Bottle Rocket, and Rushmore I love (in that order). I am not a huge fan of The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou or The Darjeeling Limited (no particular order for those). And I place The Fantastic Mr. Fox in a separate animation category, but I did enjoy it. But basically, overall, the point is, I adore Wes Anderson.

So I was super excited for Moonrise Kingdom, so much so that I entered to win free tickets to a screening that would allow me to see it one day before everyone else in Austin. And I won! Always exciting to get a freebie! Especially one to a Wes Anderson movie. (Thanks again, iHeartCinema!)

I try not to read reviews before movies to avoid spoilers. The worst thing I'll do is sometimes check Rotten Tomatoes for their Tomatometer percentage. But once I see a movie and fall in love with it, I like to obsessively scour the Internet for reviews, fun facts, film stills, basically anything I can get my hands on. Such is the case with Moonrise Kingdom. I LOVED it. So when I found out about the animated shorts based on the (made-up) books Suzy takes on her adventure with Sam, I swooned and fell out of my chair. (Not really.) (But if I were in a Wes Anderson film, I might have, wearing a Peter Pan collar pink dress, white knee socks, and massive amounts of turquoise eye shadow. Then a tiny, perfect kitten would mewl into my face until I regained consciousness.) (Halloween costume...)

Some of the books with their amazingly designed covers:


And the animated shorts video is on Entertainment Weekly online here or below.



(Image via Bangstyle)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...