Sunday, February 2, 2014

Pancetta, Goat Cheese, and Pear Crisps (aka, My Favorite Easy App)

When I was an assistant at Epicurious (Almost ten years ago! Time, you sure did fly.) and answering all the recipe- and cooking-related questions that came into the website, I would go through their online archive in my downtime, searching for things I might be interested in making after work or on the weekend. (And also, ostensibly, looking for typos of course.)

Back then, I had just started to build my own personal archive of keeper recipes, and this was the first appetizer I threw together in my tiny Greenpoint railroad apartment on India Street that made the cut. These crisps have made an appearance at almost every Thanksgiving and Christmas since. They were also there the first time I ever cooked for Chris when we started dating. And it's the perfect thing to make for dinner parties or potlucks when something more challenging or time-consuming is also on your docket.


Pancetta, Goat Cheese, and Pear Crisps
Serves 2 to 4

Ingredients
1/2 pound pancetta, thinly sliced
2 to 3 ounces of goat cheese
1/2 pear, sliced into 1/4 inch pieces

Directions
Heat oven to 400 degrees, and then cook pancetta (laid out with no overlapping) on a baking sheet for 12 to 14 minutes, until crispy. Remove from oven and let the pancetta cool on some paper towels. When cool, layer a spoonful of goat cheese and a pear slice onto each piece of pancetta and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...