Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Cookbooks

S: Home cooking in 2013 is already off to an amazing start, thanks to all the cookbooks I got over the holidays. (Thanks, family!)


Dinner: A Love Story: I ripped through the entirety of D: ALS in a few nights, bookmarking recipes as I did. So much more than a cookbook! You really fall in love with Jenny on her journey into becoming a successful professional, an amazing mother, and an epic wife. And two solid recipes have already been tested by us: the breaded vinegary pork chops (which I made) and grilled lamb steaks (which Chris made). Also, easy and great for beginning home cooks.


The Smitten Kitchen Cookbook: Deb Perelman can basically do no wrong. The buttered popcorn cookie (!) is divine, especially right out of the oven. The mushroom bourguignonne is to die for. Next up: the butternut squash and caramelized onion galette. Seriously, just writing that made me hungry. And then the sweet potato blintzes! Definitely more time-consuming and elaborate recipes, but well worth every second spent in the kitchen so far.  


Momofuku: I am intimated by this cookbook. It looks super cool, and the recipes, daunting. I keep staring at the amazing book design and thumbing through the pages, and then putting it back in line. But I swear, I will make the Brussels sprouts, and if I feel extra brave, the steamed pork buns.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...