Thursday, December 1, 2011

Celluloid Salon at 501 Studios

S: Date night! Chris and I went to 501 Studios tonight to see four short films and have free drinks, courtesy of Drambuie, an odd-tasting, spicy malt whiskey. This is a part of the first short, called "Duffy the Mascot":


C: The Drambuie, as Sandra put it, was...odd, but the music accompanying the films was immersive. Each film was treated to a different score by This Will Destroy You, a local band.

S: Silly second short. I went to the ladies' room during this one and was afraid I was going to fall down the stairs.


S: Creepy third film:


C: Although it's hard to get creepy from the music in this YouTube version. The music that the band played made it creep-tastic.

S: Yes, I agree. But the costumes are still horror-movie worthy.

S: I love the fourth short because it was the inspiration for Smashing Pumpkins' "Tonight, Tonight," one of my favorite songs from the 90s.

C: Me too.


C: The original (from 1902!):

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...